Friday, January 11, 2008

A trip to the ER...

Kate's Crutches



Air Splint




Kate has wanted crutches ever since she was little. Well, this week, she got them. Wednesday, I got to the school and Kate was sitting in a wheel chair at the front of the school. I didn't know it was her at first. Then, I saw her hot pink back pack in her lap and knew that something had happened. Her teacher started walking to the truck. I rolled down the window to find out that Kate had fallen after play practice; she tripped over a ladder behind the curtain. I went to help her to the truck and she was very upset and crying and acted like it was hurting pretty bad. Once we got into the truck, she started talking about how it happened and she felt really bad that she did something 'so dumb'. I told her that it wasn't dumb and that things like that happen sometimes. I said I'm sure that people have hurt themselves doing some really dumb things. After talking about how her foot felt, we decided to take her to the Emergency Room just to make sure it wasn't broken. We found out that going to the ER on Wednesday afternoon was not so bad. We got right in and then they sent her to x-ray. Anyway, she did not break it, but did sprain her ankle. For a girl that wanted crutches so bad, she sure doesn't like them near as much as she thought she would. She says that it makes her arms hurt. We are thankful that she didn't break anything and she should be up and running again in no time.

1 comment:

Candi said...

Hmm Kate, you won't think it is cool when you're 28 either....trust me on that one!!