Sunday, January 27, 2008

Kids Cook!

Recently, we started something new I call "Kids cook". As I plan our monthly menu, I let each kid pick a recipe that they want to make. Then, on Saturdays, we have "Kids Cook" and one of our kids is a chef for the evening. They get to cook the entire meal. So far, our Kids Cook meals have been Caprese Pizza- Sarah, Broccoli Chicken Ring- Hayden and Skillet Lasagna- Sarah. I have really had a lot of fun setting a day aside to help our children learn to cook. Each recipe they have made has been really good. I'm sharing pictures from our latest Kids Cook night. By the way, I love the entries to the name my blog contest. Keep 'em coming!

Sarah & Emma removing the sausage casings

(they thought it was a little gross).


Nothing light about this Lasagna. Ricotta, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.

My 'dairy free' version of the Lasagna (probably way less fat).

Chef Sarah and her Sous Chef Emma


And the verdict is...delicious!

1 comment:

Candi said...

Looks good. Way to go, girls!!