Saturday, January 12, 2008

Chores!



My kids are like most kids. They hate chores, but that doesn't mean that they don't have to do them. Most weeks, I assign chores on a chart on our fridge. Chores have to be done by Friday and no friends over unless they get done. Sometimes, we have "Choose a chore" and all the kids race to the fridge to sign up for the least amount of work possible, I mean their favorite chore. When we have choose a chore, they seem to get things done much quicker than if I had assigned them. Why don't we have it all the time, you ask? Well, because then it would be too familiar and get old just like regular chores. I have to keep 'em guessing. I try to switch chores around, so as not to make one kid do the same chore all the time. It's kind of funny though, Hayden really can't maneuver the vacuum cleaner or the swiffer sweeper very well. If I let him vacuum, I get about 50% of the floor cleaned. I think you have to be over 4 feet to have the right angle to make that thing turn the way you need it to. He doesn't mind though; he loves to try to vacuum. When I really need things to be done at a higher standard, I can assign chores according to my kids strengths. Hayden is the best sink cleaner and trash dumper I have. I caught a few pictures of him working on my sink a few days ago. That sink shines like the top of the Chrysler building.

1 comment:

Candi said...

One of Logan's chores is to take out all the recycling on Monday nights. He loves it!! Wonder if he still will in 5 years or so??