Friday, January 25, 2008

New name CONTEST

January 29 is John's last day in the USAF. So, I can't really call my blog 'Texas Roots with Air Force Branches' anymore. I've been thinking of some new names, but wanted to see what you think it should be. I know that many of you read my blog and never leave a comment. I'd like you to consider giving me your input. I could call it 'somebody chopped down the tree', or 'the branches got pruned', or 'back to my Texas roots'... As you can see, I need some help. So, what do you think the new name should be? What if I throw in a FREE gift? I have a closet full of Creative Memories products and I will gather up a few things to send to my favorite entry. Oh, there should be a deadline. How about February 1st. So, leave a comment on this post and on February 2nd, I will take all the entries and decide which one I like the best. If you don't leave a comment, my sister is sure to win!

10 comments:

Candi said...

Haha.... :-)! I'll have to think on it!

Candi said...

Since you don't know where you will be yet. How about...

Bloom Where You're Planted

or how about....

Reforestation

or Driftwood....

AFTexan said...

OK ~ I love a challenge...Here are few I've come up with:

The Sew Sweet Life!
The Faith Journey
Say WHAT?!
Gettin' pruned for HIM! (God prunes our branches through our faith journey so that we may make bigger, better & sweeter fruit)

Linda said...

OK I'm throwing my 2 cents in the ring !

Texas Roots with Blessed Branches
or
Branching Out

Linda

Anonymous said...

Ok, Let's see...

Where Faith runs deep, God "moves"

Texas Roots w/ Air Force Branches, Transplanted to _________ (wherever you end up)

Texas Roots w/ Air Force branches Budding a New Future

From TexaCaliFlorMissTexNewMexihio and beyond...

Candi said...

Ha....I loved Tammy's "From TexaCaliFlorMissTexNewMexihio and beyond..."

And...I'm sure you knew I was being a bit silly with my last two suggestions. I even laughed a little at myself for driftwood...HA!

Candi said...

Dawn's talk of prune made me think of....
Texas Roots with Pruned Branches

Tammy said...

Moving on Up!!!!
ya know, like the jefferson's..... :)

I like Dawn's Gettin' pruned for Him. that's a cool one.

or.........
rambling's from the end of Audie's rope

or.........
Busting Loose - Venturing Out - and Serving Him

or........
Spreading our Wings

or........
Spreading where the wind blows.....

Unknown said...

Unexpected Replantings

Candi said...

You know I couldn't stop thinking..here are a few more. Good thing you didn't limit us to one!!!

Texas Roots for Our New Seedling...

Along came a Beaver....

Navigating the Tree of Life...

Pruned But Not Uprooted....

Back to Our Roots...

New Beginnings...