Thursday, July 3, 2008

Patriotic Toes

We lined 'em up and painted their toes.

Leann is from Abilene, TX; funny how we met in Ohio.

Patriotic Toes!

No takers for painting my toes, I had to do my own.

My camera man


If you've ever been around our family during the Fourth of July, you know that we always paint our toenails red, white and blue. This year is no different. I invited the neighbors to join us and I think we painted 9 sets of toes in all. All the girls had so much fun. They look so cute with their little painted toes. Yes, I painted mine too. Hayden took pictures for me. I think this is the first
year that he remembered that boys don't get their toes painted. Yes, he is still the only boy in the neighborhood. There are usually anywhere from 4 to 8 little girls running and Hayden. We have joked that we are going to go door to door when we move and ask if there are any boys his age. Hope you all have a great 4th! We are planning on going to a local parade if the weather holds out.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

OH - I miss y'all this 4th of July. But in honor of your tradition and the 4th of July we went out and purchased Red, White & Blue nail polish and are doing them up right. I'll post pics to my blog tomorrow.

Have fun at the parade...we'll miss not being there with y'all.

HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Clara said...

Ahh...I miss our pedicure days.. :) Hope you all are doing well!! Miss you!