Friday, July 18, 2008

Bug Houses

My neighbor Lynn has 2 girls and they invited us over to make bug houses a few days ago. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with paint, wood and kids. Hayden, Rachel and Lynn's girls had so much fun. We spent the afternoon painting the houses, (then swimming while they dried) picking out ribbon and handles and putting them together. Before they were even done, Rachel had already found a leaf bug to go in her bug house.

These four have been seen frequently around the yard catching all kids of bugs and flying creatures. In the evening, they love to catch fireflies. They have been known to catch daddy long legs and June bugs too. One thing is for sure, there are plenty of bugs to catch here in Ohio.





3 comments:

Candi said...

Those are really cute!! I love the picture of all of them with their finished product!

Tammy said...

i love em!!!!!!!!!
did i get a MESSAGEEEEEEEEE from you???
i have been out of town, but i'm gonna call that cell number this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Clara said...

Ok, as my kids have recently become bug obsessed, I'll be needing those instructions and supply list!! :) I love it!