Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Prince Charming?

























Sarah's friend Marissa came over today and brought her pet toad. Marissa had cleverly put her toad in a backpack and was found out just before she entered our home. Her mom said, "stop right there and show me what is in your backpack." To my surprise, but not hers, it was a toad! "In the back yard only", said Marissa's mom. Okay, I thought... I have never let my kids play with toads before...can't they get warts? They were not worried. They had so much fun! They played ring around the toad as they sang Jesus love the little children. They pretended to kiss the toad, wear the toad on their heads, and dance around the yard with the toad. It was 'toad'ally cool!

Rachel has decided that she wants to save her money to buy a toad. I'm not so sure that is going to happen.

By the way, Sarah did not really 'kiss' the frog, she just held him up real close and pretended. You can bet that she will have a scrapbook page with these pictures on it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great picture of Sarah! I know that sweet Marissa too and can remember when both girls were still in diapers. :)

Tammy said...

i would absolutely LOVE to see your scrapbooks!!! i wish i had been a scrapper when my kids were smaller so i could take FULL advantage of all of their stunts! now instead of washing off all of that mud and getting upset cause they ruined their new dress I would have grabbed the camera and been off to Hobby Lobby for some new stickers! Guess I'll just have to make sure I do it right with the grandkids - ya know in 10 years or so..............:)

that is "toad"ally cool!!!