Monday, May 7, 2007

Just another day...

Sometimes, I am amazed at how much you can fit into a day. A friend's blog just inspired me to share the events of my 'normal' day.

6:45, my alarm goes off- I hit the snooze; 6:50, alarm again- One more snooze; 6:55- okay last one for real this time; 7:00- I'm up, I'm up already! Run downstairs to make sure that Kate has got her things ready for school and had a real breakfast; see her off to school at 7:10; Sarah is on her way downstairs; breakfast for Sarah is usually a tortilla wrap of some kind. I grab a bite to eat and my morning cup of coffee, with cream and splenda... while she finishes, I run upstairs to get dressed for the gym. Back downstairs to see her off; here comes John, ready for school as well. 7:45, on the nose, Sarah is out the door with her little run a bit, walk a bit to the bus stop. Back inside to wake the others. Rachel is up and on her way to getting ready. Hayden, well, Hayden can sometimes be found in our bed because he came in at 5am and crawled into the middle without a peep. Most of the time, he stays in his bed. 8:30, "Rachel, hurry, here comes the bus; it's at the top of the hill." (The bus comes around the street. We can see it at the top of the hill and know that it makes 2 more stops before ours.) 8:45, back home just in time to leave for the gym. 9-10am stability ball and weights class. We run home and grab a quick bite to eat and then it's off to errands! We run over to the base today for a Chapel funds request that is due today, then a quick trip to the post office to mail 5 packages for Mother's day. A quick stop at the BX for poster board (Kate has a project due tomorrow), don't forget another stop at the garden center for weed killer and finally it is back home again. Of course it is supposed to rain sometime this week, so maybe I should mow the lawn. That does mean I have to scoop the poop first, ugh! Oh well, just an hour to get it done. I sit down to shuck a few ears of corn just as Kate and Sarah are getting home from school. I really need a shower...just as Rachel gets off the bus I jump in the shower. Ahhh, much better, a quick blow dry and we can go outside to play. After about an hour of play time, we all go in at 5:30 so I can get dinner ready. Spicy Broccoli Beef stir fry (a Weight Watchers recipe-I'll post later) If I can get my kids to eat broccoli tonight, it will be a miracle. 6:30, dinner is served...Sarah had a friend over and every single kid at the table (that's 5 total) ate the BROCCOLI! They even asked for more; good thing I doubled the recipe. Oh yeah, tomorrow is National Teacher's Day; I meant to have teacher's gifts ready and in bags so all the girls had to do was write a note. Have you ever let three girls choose the gift, bag, tissue paper and note card? Don't, it takes entirely too long. Just kidding, they had a lot of fun making sure everything was special for their teachers. We are running a little late tonight. 8:45- It's off to bed for Rachel and Hayden and Sarah...Kate has a project to complete. She has to make a wanted poster for a famous scientist. She has everything ready, and just needs some scrap booking tools to complete the poster. I never noticed her eye for getting things straight. She is a budding Martha Stewart. Finally at 9:50, Kate is off to bed. Now, I can finally sit down. What may you ask is my sweet husband doing? He has had his own eventful day and is now playing with his new toy. He just bought a Wii. Wii are having too much fun. He is playing tennis right now. During my cooking time, the kids all took their turn playing. Just think, if they made a step class for the Wii with a little instructor girl making you move faster and work harder, I could skip the gym.

Please know that I love being a wife, mother, sister, friend... I am just sometimes amazed at what can actually be done in a day. Tomorrow will be much less eventful I'm sure.

2 comments:

Candi said...

Yes, your days certainly seem busy. Meanwhile, I stayed home most of the day and walked around the living room with Lucas. He loves to push his walking toy, but he hasn't figured out how to turn it when it runs into things! It seems he may walk soon. It is funny to watch him...he doesn't bend his knees at all!

Tammy said...

That's funny!!! hahahahaha You said "Tomorrow will be much less eventful I'm sure." Yeah right! Let me know how that goes! You know, I find that I look forward to coming back to my "paying" job, cause doing the mommy thing is hard work! I took a couple days off last year while the kids were in school and clay was at work. I thought i'd "catch up on some rest" Not happening! There is so much to do at home! I loved it though, I wish I could do it all of the time...............