Saturday, April 10, 2010

Garage doore mishap

I asked for local garage door repair companies on facebook the other day. I had great response and then had to come clean on why I needed the information.

Here's the story... I ran home the other day after school, before I picked the big girls up to throw rice in the rice cooker. I was trying to have dinner ready early... Anyway, I pulled into the middle of the garage, got the rice in and started to leave. As I backed out, the garage door came down on my back window. What in the world? As I tried to figure out why, I looked over my shoulder to see the emergency release cord CAUGHT in the back passenger side door. So, as I started to back up, I released the door and pulled it down on myself. That takes some real talent, let me just tell you. This was not the day of the week for this to happen. John came home and we had just a few minutes to look at it before AWANA. I didn't do major damage. I basically popped a wheel off track on one side. So, to fix it, John was going to pop it in with a hammer and it busted the wheel. Well, it still went in and even worked for a few days. Then, all of the sudden, it stopped working. Nothing... this time, I didn't back into the door. This time, the spring was busted that lifts the door. So, thus the reason I asked for suggestions of garage door repair companies... Thank you! I may never live it down. The moral of the story, buy some instant rice=)

1 comment:

Suzann Soliz said...

i closed the garage door on my car before... ask me some time and i will share the story