Friday, November 7, 2008

Oklahoma




We went to Oklahoma last Sunday for a big fish fry. We spent the day out on a ranch with Pa Bob, Meme and Meme's daughter Kristi. Kristi hosts a big fish/calf fries fry every year for their entire family.

We had the chance to ride horses and everyone was so excited. (except Rachel) Sarah rode horses at camp this summer and couldn't wait to ride again. She and Hayden were the first to ride. Rachel was not real sure she wanted to ride, which was surprising since she likes animals so much. "If I get on, will you?", I asked. That would be perfectly normal for the average person, but not for me. I was bucked off when I was 9 and said I would never get back on. That's 26 years if you're countin'. Well, that's the price you pay when you're a mom and you don't want your kids to be scared of something. You have to do it yourself to prove that it is okay. At least that is what it took for Rachel. After I rode with her, she was ready to go all by herself. I'm not sure who was more surprised, John, or my dad.

My work here is done! The only problem is that now, they all want a horse...

3 comments:

Candi said...

I know that getting on that horse was a big deal. What a great momma you are!

The Miller Family said...

Great Job Audra! I am so proud of you!

Linda said...

Looks like fun! I wanna ride too:) Great job getting back in the saddle!