Friday, November 21, 2008

Friends in Dallas

ARMD for Jesus: Audra, Ronda, Michele & Dawn

Michele, Angela, Ronda, Me & Dawn

Chick-fil-a

Sam Moon trip


Last weekend, we went to Dallas. The PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) National Convention was in Dallas about 15 minutes from John's parents' house. We drove up for the event. Since I am not a PWOC member, I couldn't attend the convention, but I could at least see some of my friends from Ohio. My friends asked me to pick them up and drive them around Dallas. I told them they were crazy! I don't drive in Dallas. John's mom offered to pick them up and drive us around. She maneuvered through Dallas traffic, DFW and toll roads like it was nothing. Thank you Carol! We went to Sam Moon and to Grapevine Mills and then to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Well, they don't have Chick-fil-a where Michele lives in Washington, so she had to keep her priorities straight. I enjoyed seeing everyone, but would have loved to just sit down and enjoy the afternoon catching up. Next time, hopefully there is less shopping involved and more visiting.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

We did have fun shopping, but I wish we could've stayed up late, laughed till we cried and had some ARMD fun! Thanks for driving us around.

My kids were so upset that I didn't get to see Rachel and Hayden, but were happy to get their phone call on Sunday!

Somehow, you still didn't get my skinny side on camera. Where O Where could it be?

Linda said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! Miss you guys. I haven't seen Angela in months and she's not that far! Boy does work get in the way!