Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Break





During Spring Break, we didn't have anything on our agenda, so we did some sewing. Sarah had been begging me to make a purse, so I pulled out my tub-o-fabric and let her pick something. When Kate and Rachel saw what we were doing, they asked to make one too. So they all picked their fabric from my stash. There was only one problem, Rachel doesn't know how to sew. Well, she does now. She did such a good job. I am so proud of all of them. Sewing is a skill that I think everyone should learn. Not that you have to make your own prom dress, but you could. Rachel had so much fun. She wants to make a purse for her teacher. Sarah just made her second purse Saturday for one of her friends for their birthday. She also has decided to sell her purses for $12. She already has 2 orders. I don't know where she gets that. We had a lot of fun and it only took a couple of hours.

3 comments:

Candi said...

Those turned out soooo cute!!

Darlene Jones said...

I love the purses!!! Very Cute!!
Courtney is a purse-a-holic....I keep telling her that she is going to have to go into therapy when she gets older :-)

I miss you guys!! Love, dj

The Miller Family said...

I love them! Can I get the pattern from you?