Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's

I have been waiting for a month to play an April Fool's joke on my kids. Well, last night I got it ready and this morning, it was perfect! I made a chore chart (like every week) and assigned some very different chores.

Kate:
Tuesday- Wash all your clothes by hand and hold them outside until they are dry.
Thursday-Trim grass in front yard with a pair of nail clippers.
Sarah:
Tuesday- Lick 100 stamps for paying bills.
Thursday- Sweep the house with your toothbrush.
Rachel:
Tuesday- Collect coke cans from neighbors and recycle them for your lunch money.
Thursday- Set your alarm to 12am. Please deliver a midnight snack to mom.
Hayden:
Tuesday- Balance the family checkbook.
Thursday- Wash, dry and brush Lily.

I saw Kate and Sarah looking at the chores and they read every person's chore with some confusion. "April Fool's", I cried! Rachel agreed to the recycling for lunch money and thought that was a great idea. They all thought it was funny and I can't wait to find something new for next year.

1 comment:

Candi said...

Too funny!! You are so creative!!