Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rock Band

The kids
The Girls Rock!

Audra on guitar, Linda on Bass & Dawn on Drums


The Boy Band

John on drums, Keith on bass & Ward on guitar

What better to do when you're snowed in? Saturday night, we invited our friends over and had dinner. After dinner, we decided to play our version of 'Battle of the Bands' and it was Boy Band against the Girl Band. The only problem is that the 'boys' have all played Rock Band or Guitar Hero before and the 'girls' have only watched. There are different levels to play: Easy, medium, hard... I asked John why they didn't have a 'my wife wants to play' level. We held our own on the Easy level. Even though we had never played before, we had a lot of fun. We can't wait to buy our own home and maybe have a game room or basement for all of our toys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, I had to go through a lot to open an account so I could be in the contest. And then Dawn calls me in the middle of my quest to open an account and make sure I haven't (excuse me but Dawn is calling again) missed the contest deadline!
I'm just wondering if Dawn can come back so the Girl Band can play at our spring retreat?

Candi said...

Looks fun!!

Heather said...

Hey Audra,
They don't have Rock Band for the Wii yet do they? I hope that they will have it soon. We just got our Wii in the mail today. Lanny was able to get one when he was deployed--go figure--and he beat it home. :) He got home Friday and it just got here today. :) We hope to get guitar hero, but it would be nice to have something all three of us could play or try to play anyway. Libby's a pretty good bowler. She has my form though--throws her legs up and jumps around it is a hoot! Your girls would crack up at her. We about squirted our drinks out of our noses tonight when she knocked herself over!

Audra said...

Heather,
I'd love to see Libby play the Wii. Bowling is my favorite! I just read an ad about a mom who boxes on the Wii for fun and excercise. I may have to try it.