Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Searching for Bolognese sauce!

Okay, this may sound CRAZY, but this is the best bolognese sauce ever. A friend of mine sends it to me ever once in a while if she has extra from her stash. She gets it from a friend that lives in Germany. I can't find this in any local market here in the Southwest region of Ohio. I have checked! I have found a website in Texas that sales this exact package, but it is $4 per package. In your shopping, if you happen to find this for less than $4 and would be willing to ship it to me, please let me know. I am out. The cupboard is bare. Now, that being said, if you know of a good bolognese sauce recipe, I'd be willing to try that too. Just thought I'd try my blog to see if any of you have seen it or would be willing to look for it. Thanks!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

I will give this to my mom. She LOVES to search grocery stores for stuff. Wierd hobby, I know!!! She also does the ordering a the grocery store here, so we'll see!!!

Tammy said...

I'm sure you saw this on the Knorr website, but thought I'd post it just in case.........



SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE

PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minute(s)
COOK TIME: 30 Minute(s)
INGREDIENTS
1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1 cup grated carrots
2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
2 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube, crumbled
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 box (16 oz.) your favorite pasta, cooked and drained

PREPARATION
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Remove ground beef from skillet and drain, if desired; set aside.
In same skillet, heat Olive Oil over medium-high heat and cook onion and carrots, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cubes, tomatoes and ground beef. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes to dissolve Bouillon Cubes.
Serve sauce over hot pasta. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.

TIP: If sauce is too thick, stir in a small amount of pasta water to desired consistency.

SERVES 4

Audra said...

I have not seen that, thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try.

Tammy said...

mom couldn't get it at the store....

Audra said...

See, if you let people know, you just might find it. Candi has a friend in Italy that found my sauce. She picked up several packets at her local market for me. Boy was I excited. I am going to try to recipe Tammy sent. I am sooo excited!