Saturday, March 27, 2010

AWANA Grand Prix 2010


h








96 racers, 4.5 hours, 200 hot dogs and a whole lot of fun... Not only was this the first year for our church to have AWANA, we held a Grand Prix of GRAND proportions. I think it is the biggest race we've ever been a part of. We started at 10am and finished at 3pm. We served lunch and had a movie playing in half of the ministry center for the kids to watch if they weren't racing. We also had a room with board games. As Hayden raced, I had plenty of time to take pictures, but as Rachel got ready to race, I started recording winners from the previous races and getting awards ready, so I didn't get one picture of her. I will have to take on and add it. I guess that's what happens when your husband is the commander. There's talk of building two six lane tracks this summer. It could be even bigger next year.

No comments: