Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The mom in the lounge chair...








We have been to the pool several times and I am enjoying my new stage of motherhood. I am no longer pulling on and off soaking chlorine scented swim diapers! I am the mom at the side of the pool, lounging in the pool chair reading a book. Not a worry in the world... I remember seeing them, the moms in the lounge chairs. Oh, how I longed for that day. Now, I am that mom. Even though I leave one stage of motherhood behind, I am jumping feet first into the new one. Our oldest is almost 14 and going into High School. Yikes! As I read her copy of "Twilight", I scan the pool over the top of my book trying to locate that cute little blonde girl. Ah, I spot her across the pool hanging out with all the kids from her youth group. Her cheerful smile welcomes those around her. Now, where are the others? Ah, there's the roommates swimming in the pool, playing games just as cheerfully as they share a room. Really! They make up their own games, their own rules and enjoy the warm sun and cool water. Now for the boy, in the shallow end, diving endlessly for a dive stick that is black with red flames. His blonde hair is getting lighter by the minute. What a day! I love summer and love spending time at the pool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at the moms over at the kiddie pool and almost cried because it seems like yesterday when mine were that little. Today Michael Ann jumped over and over off the diving board without me even being in the deep end. I love the stage I am in now but miss the sweet moments in the baby pool. Enjoying your blog, Monty

Unknown said...

I love the description of your poolside observations. We are almost there...I should savor my moments with Jesica and how she still wants me close by while she's swimming with NO floaties.

Felicity said...

I love the way you wright your stories! Only 4 more years and I can be the Mom in the lounge chair until then I guess I will enjoy the kiddie pool:)