Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas from Lubbock, Texas



It has been wonderful to be so close to family. Our kids have asked, "how many Christmases are we going to have?". We had my dad come visit and then my entire side of the family came to our house last Sunday. Tuesday, we left for Lubbock and are spending Christmas with John's family. I will share more pictures later, but just wanted to give you an idea of what we do in Texas to celebrate Christmas. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve service and then had a very busy Christmas morning with 8 kids, 8 adults and 3 dogs. We had a fabulous traditional ham dinner and for dessert, the family went to shoot guns. Well, that's what we do here. We shoot things. I did learn to shoot a gun when I was about 10. I didn't go on this adventure, but probably will next time. So, that's how we celebrated Christmas here in Lubbock, Texas!

No comments: