Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer Reading Program and More Free Stuff




We signed up for the Summer Reading Program at our local library and they had the big kick off yesterday. I took Hayden and Rachel to hear the stories, make a craft and check out a few new books. They heard stories about flies and then made their own bug. Someone at the library made these cute little bug bookmarks and gave them to the kids. They also had homemade bug and flower cookies. It was about 90 degrees yesterday, so spending the morning in the library was a nice cool place to be. We will be there every Friday at 11am. You know I am always looking for a deal, so I thought I'd share some of the other FREE things I found to do over the summer. The first one is the Free Family Film Festival at our local Regal theater. Check out a theater near you to see what is showing for FREE! Also, another Free movie deal is the Bookworm Wednesdays at National Amusements theaters. Kate and Sarah were much more interested in seeing a movie as a reward for reading than going to the library's summer reading program. It looks like we may be seeing a lot of movies this summer. Something else we found for FREE are milkshakes at Chick-fil-a. Every Monday in June, our local Beavercreek Chick-fil-a is giving away a FREE milkshake to every customer from 2-4pm. There is no purchase necessary. (I don't know if they do it everywhere.) If I find anything else, I'll be sure to share it with ya! If you know of something for FREE, let me know in the comments.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like y'all will stay busy! It did inspire me to look into some activities here. The base library has a program that starts later in June, so we'll be checking it out. Thanks for the great tips. I know y'all will have FUN! Missing y'all in GA.

Candi said...

The library looks fun!! I'm really going to look into that for the boys.

Candi said...

Aud--I just read about this on a blog I visit...there isn't a participating one here, but several are listed for OH--maybe one close enough to you.

http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/