Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Day!





Hallie and Rachel

Hayden and his sled!


Jesica & Hayden

Emma & Sarah


Time to warm up!


Well, we got a few inches of snow overnight and woke up to a 2 hour delay for school. After about an hour, they changed it to no school! John and I LOVE snow days; it means we can stay in bed. Since there was no school, the kids all ate their packed lunches for breakfast. We wasted the morning away and then decided to have lunch and get bundled up for a little fun outside in the snow. While we were out, there were 6 cardinals in our neighbors back yard, so I got a few pictures.
After playing in the snow, we came in for hot chocolate and warm cookies. Yum! Kate went to the big hill to sled with her friends, so I only have a shot of her for hot chocolate and cookies.
We always seem to draw a crowd on snow days. I think there are 8 kids in our house right now! I have many friends with large families and I just can't imagine trying to feed them all. It gets a little crazy around here just having friends over; I hate to think what it would be like if they were all mine. You'd have to have 2 dishwashers for sure. I do a load every day as it is. Can you imagine the laundry? I'd love to see my friend Beth's laundry piles and her pantry. Beth has 10 kids, or is it 11? I've lost count... Sorry, my mind wanders some times.





1 comment:

Candi said...

Looks fun!! We were out and about today when it started to snow. It did stick to the ground, but not to the roads. I think we might have about 0.5 inches. It will probably be gone tomorrow.