Sunday, February 10, 2008

Brrrrrrr!

Okay, I give, I don't want to stay in Ohio. It is so cold here. I don't have the right clothes for this weather. It is 11 degrees here and there are wind gusts up to 60mph. Brrrrr! If I could stay inside, I would. Okay, enough whinning.

We are still job hunting. John has his resume out for several jobs, but no reply yet. We are still really wanting to move back to Texas. I can't imagine not calling Texas home. While in the military, you can still move around and tell everyone you are from Texas. If you get out and move somewhere else, it just doesn't work. I can't imagine not being a Texan anymore. There is something about it that is deep down in my bones.

Please pray with us that God will continue to prepare our new location and that He would give us clarity and direction as we seek to follow where He wants us to go. We have been praying for several months now about this move. We trust in the Lord and know that He has a place ready for us and that we will know that place in His time. My friend Ronda has a devotional that she does called, "Hurry up Lord, I'm tired of waiting". That is how I feel right now. But, I know to be patient for God's timing. Please pray for our children as we make yet another move. They are so good about being positive; we look for the good things that can come from a move and encourage them to do the same, but it is still hard for them to leave their friends.

I know many of you are wondering if we have heard anything, so I wanted to share a little update. We will keep you posted on our plans as they come.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

God takes care of his people!! You know that!! When it it THE perfect time, he will reveal to you what it is you are to do.

My aunt (jason Klinnert's mom) had breast cancer. She started the chemo, got very sick, had to go to the hosp....etc. (I'm making a long story short....this actually JUST happened!) then she went for more tests. They told her the cancer had matastacized (sp.) (spread) to her lungs. She was furious......thought she was doing everything she was supposed to. Then God told her - Stop - Wait - Trust me. She quit chemo. told them she knew to trust God in the first place, she had tried the dr.'s way, now she was gonna do it God's way. They prayed, believed, confessed daily that she was healed.......she chose not to accept the bad news. She went yesterday for a biopsy on her lung. And do you know what??? They COULD NOT FIND THE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They told her there was nothing in her lungs. Praise God!!!!!!!!

So, you see..........he is taking care of you and even though there is all of this uncertainty, He knows exactly where you will be and is preparing that place for you right now. I look forward to hearing WHEN he reveals his plan!!!!

Audra said...

Thank you Tammy! You are such a great friend. Who knew that when we were babies and our parents were friends that we would keep in touch even more than they do? Thank you for your story about Jason's mom. I love how God reminds people that He is in control and then what a blessing can come when you trust completely in Him.

Candi said...

I know that getting out of the military is hard---lots of what ifs---and oh the choices!! It's hard when you've been told exactly where you will go and when (and you guys did it way longer than us). But, I agree with Tammy, soon you will know where you are to be!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Driftwood, great choice! We'll be praying for your path to be clearly visible with no forks or major bends and as a side note I'll ask that it leads straight to Texas!! Maybe some day our path will lead back to Texas as well. It's like the bumper sticker... We weren't born in TX but we got there as fast as we could, and would like to stay there in the end too.

God has worked miracles with our moving dates to get our new house. Scott was going to be in the middle of an exercise and not able to leave Korea to help me move houses. Suddenly the housing office called us with a date that was 10 days later than anyone else is moving out which happened to be in the absolute most perfect time for scott to come home. It allowed him to leave the last day of the exercise, stay for one month and return back 2 days before a huge inspection that he could not miss. Only God knows the perfect way to run things and I'm so extremely thankful that I know and trust Him with my entire life! So Scott returns on March 22 and we move March 24. We will have 5 1/2 months left of his tour after he leaves.

I can't wait to hear where you end up!