Friday, August 24, 2007

Sweet Corn Festival








Okay, we told you there is a festival for everything here in Ohio. The Sweet Corn Festival was last weekend and we went to eat some corn. We got word early in the day that the fried corn fritters with powdered sugar were only 2 for $1 and that they were way better than the funnel cakes. Dawn should write an article for the paper about local eats. She called to give me the low down on the corn festival fare. We shared the fritter frenzy with some friends that we ran into and after a day of rope making, corn eating and sweat pouring, we finally tried the fried corn fritters. Well, Paula Dean would be proud. They were the best fried corn fritters I've ever had. Okay, so they were also the only fried corn fritters I've ever had. I hope Dawn likes Sauerkraut. The Sauerkraut festival is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

My mom used to make corn fritters! They were delicious! And I thought when i read the titlw that "there is a festival for everything up there!" I like saurkraut.....can i come, or did i miss that already?