Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday 2009









Today, we celebrated Easter by having our two youngest children baptized. Hayden and Rachel accepted Christ as their savior and today, they were baptized. They each had to write their testimony. I wanted to share it with you.

Hayden’s Testimony

When I was age 4, I wanted to be a Christian. So, I kept on praying for Him to be in my heart. In my bed, in my room in Ohio, He came into my heart. I told my mom and dad and they came and prayed with me.
I think being a Christian means you don’t lie and treat others the way you want them to treat you.
Jesus dies on the cross and rose again to save me from my sins.
I am a Christian.

Rachel’s Testimony
When I lived in Ohio and I was 7 years old, I went to AWANA. I heard a lot about God and Jesus. Ms. Merilee was my leader and she taught me about God. I learned Bible verses and got stickers for memorizing them. My favorite verse is John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son; that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have eternal life.”
When I heard about baptizing, I didn’t know what it meant. When I learned what it was, I said, “Hey, I need to do that because I already asked Jesus into my heart.”
I talked to my parents and they said I needed to be baptized. We waited until we moved to Canyon and joined First Baptist Church.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That is AWESOME!!! Welcome to the family! We love y'all and miss you dearly.

Heather said...

Congratulations! How exciting. The pictures are sweet too. I miss you guys. Big hugs.

Candi said...

Rachel and Hayden, I'm so proud of you!

Great pictures!