Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Soccer Mom




I am now officially a "soccer mom". Let me just say that being a soccer mom is not what you might think. When I was in college, I had a friend that told me when she grew up she wanted to be a "soccer mom" because she wanted to wear her hair in a ponytail through her ball cap and drive a suburban and have cute clothes and take her kids to soccer. I thought that was so funny. I don't think they give out a degree for "soccer mom" at WT.

So, what kind of soccer mom am I you ask? I am the 4 layers of clothing, coat wearing, thermal underwear, wool socks, please go buy a heater, and whatever else can get me warm soccer mom.

Kate tried out for soccer and made the team. The soccer season here in the Texas Panhandle, it's January through March. Kate had her very first game on Saturday. Well, it was a scrimmage against the alumni of CHS Lady Eagle Soccer. How cool is that? They all come back to play the new team. Let's just say it was cold. 27 degrees and a slight wind. I did not feel like that "soccer mom" my friend wanted to be when she grew up.

While the parents are in the stands freezing, the girls are on the field wearing shorts. I think I may pull out my ski gear. So, if you are able to go to a Lady Eagle game, I'll be the one wearing the parka next to the propane heater. Oh, wait, that's what we'll all be doing...

3 comments:

The Austin Family said...

I find that silk thermals (I got mine at JCPenney) work really well....and it's been in the teens here all week, and snowing for days..

and you can knit, so bust out some real wool (it's warmer) and make some matching hats & scarves in team colors!! :)

Enjoy!! :)

Dawn Willis said...

That is GREAT!!! Feels kinda like you are back in Ohio on a snow day! Congrats to Kate on making the team...ENJOY these moments!

Anonymous said...

I hope to catch a game before the season is over , but it must be a little warmer for me; Oh wait , I've got foul weather gear, bring it on. Love PaBob