Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Texas High School Football




A couple of weeks ago, I took my family back to my old stomping grounds. It is, after all, just an hour from here. We went to Homecoming! I had not been back to anything since I graduated in 1991. There were a few people that I graduated with at the game, but everyone in Clarendon came out for the game. It was the first time our kids had been to a football game. It was also the first time John had a date to Homecoming. He's so sweet! There were so many people that we had to sit right in front of the fence on a cement ledge and they even brought in extra bleachers for the game. It was so fun to see a couple of girls I graduated with. Minde and Shonda and their kids. It was great to catch up on where they are and what they are doing and to see Minde's mom. I had plans to meet another friend there, but she forgot her phone (Tammy). I did get to see her briefly and plan to get together for some scrapbooking.
We have since gone to a Canyon High School football game and the kids had a great time roaming around and hanging out with their friends. It's good to be back in Texas!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

i did not know it was their first game!!! and john's first homecoming date........and me and my lost self........looking forward to that scrapping day! the house is looking great! glad things are coming together for you all!

Dawn said...

Oh how I miss Texas H.S. Football. You are bringing back some memories. Glad to know y'all are having fun and your kids are getting to live the Texas life!