Friday, August 8, 2008

Life on the farm








Goats and tractors and chickens, oh my! The kids have been feeding the goats and collecting eggs. They probably think they're farm kids now. My grandpa lives in Childress and has some chickens. He took the kids out to collect the eggs and they loved it. They collected 42 eggs! They wanted to take them home and try to hatch them. We told them that it wouldn't work, but Hayden insisted he could sit on his and it would turn into a chicken. We told him that only chickens could make them hatch. So now, the kids want some chickens of their own. Grandpa told them that he would save some eggs this spring to hatch some baby chicks. They are all thrilled at that idea and Rachel is already making plans. She wants to buy a cat collar and put her chicken on a leash to take it for walks. They have already asked my dad to build them a chicken coup. So, you make see the world's first chicken on a leash right here on my blog next spring!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

How much FUN! All the kids look bigger. It's only been 4 months, how did they grow that much? Glad they are having a good time and isn't awesome that you can make plans to see the baby chicks in the spring. It's good to be home in TX, I'm sure. Missing y'all in GA.

Dawn

Candi said...

It seems so weird to see Dad on your blog. Guess I'll get used to it, though! I can just picture Rachel walking her chicken....too funny!

Candi said...

By the way, tell Dad that I was driving Nan's car WAY before I was 13...LOL!

Tammy said...

well candi......back in "THE DAY" i think we could drive to the mailbaox when we were 7. guess they've raised it to 13 in this NEW age!! and we need to see some pics of CANDI's boys and DAD!!! hint hint.