Thursday, April 26, 2007

PWOC retreat




What a weekend! I just spent the weekend at Deer Creek State Park here in Ohio and had an incredible time. Our PWOC group just had their Spring Retreat. A few months ago, there were three of us planning the entire weekend. We started with prayer: that God would appoint the ladies He wanted to be there, that we would have volunteers help with the planning, that the details would be worked out and that the time would be used for God's glory. Honestly, we thought there might be 25 women if we were lucky. I even volunteered to make tote bags with my new sewing machine; I embroidered our retreat theme on the front of each bag. There were not 25 women at the retreat, there were 41. Let's just say, I know my machine like the back of my hand. It took about an hour and a half to finish each bag! But, the results were amazing. Each woman was able to carry around all her things and since we were in a larger facility, we needed a bag to carry.


Our speaker, Victoria Robinson, is the wife of an Air Force Chaplain and speaks to women all over the world. She left our retreat headed for Germany to do 4 events and then back home for a week and then she will be at Kirtland for some training for some of my PWOC friends there. Victoria has a powerful testimony and was really able to meet some of our ladies right where they were and help give them some powerful tools to handle the challenges they face on a daily basis. When you are a military spouse, you face challenges that the average wife never has to worry about. I can say one thing for sure, when I get to heaven, it is going to be a beautiful reunion with the many friends that God has brought into our lives. Our Christmas list keeps growing and growing. I don't know what God has in store for me, but I do know that He goes before me and prepares the way.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You are an amazing person, Auddie!

You always have been!

I think it's cool that you are experiencing all of this! I bet your retreat WAS amazing!